Puj is hiring!
Unlike any other company you have ever experienced, Puj is a fun team of innovators that create the best products in the world to help hundreds of thousands of customers simplify parenthood. The Puj team operates on valuing Family, Independence & Freedom and the Now & Wow. These core values guide our actions and daily decision making and attract team members who want to lead an exciting, balanced life.
If you are a talented all star or an up and coming dynamo, we want to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com with one paragraph explaining why you’d like to work with us. Please include a link to your web based portfolio or resume and salary requirements. No attachments or downloads please. Available job opportunities are listed below.
Puj was founded by Benjamin and Katie Richardson at midnight in the winter of 2007 in their tiny home office. It took nearly two years of blood, sweat, and tears and a last minute trip to Panama to get their first product to the market. Everything changed overnight when they debuted their first product, the Puj Tub, at a trade show in Las Vegas in 2009. That trade show performance put them on the map in the Juvenile Products Industry and secured enough orders to be able to place their first volume order with their factories. After that show, Ben and Katie shut down their individual design careers and began full time work on Puj.
Puj can now be found in 35+ countries and in thousands of stores the world over.
This is not the end of the story. In fact, we have only just begun. We hope you will join us on the next phase of this journey.==
National Sales and Marketing Manager for USA Retail Sales
If you are a set-apart leader who has previously driven multi-million dollar growth, can visualize untapped retail sales opportunities and consistently achieves exceptional results, Puj is looking for you.
You will oversee the overall development, coordination and functional management for the US retail strategies and activities of the business. This will include growing existing customers (personally managing key retail accounts), new customer acquisition, and key business relationships (overseeing the national network of sales reps). You will develop the channel strategies, marketing plans, forecasts, and budgets to successfully accomplish retail initiatives.
Key retail accounts + thousands of smaller independent stores in the US.
As you work closely with the senior management team to achieve maximum market potential and company profitability, your responsibilities will be to:
- Design and apply sales strategies and promotional programs
- Oversee product development and marketing communications
- Increase product penetration into current accounts
- Grow the number of key accounts
- Manage large dot com accounts for placement, links, key words, cross sales, promotions, etc.
- Visit key markets to evaluate operations and provide supervision and leadership to independent sales representatives
- Build and manage a network of sales reps across the USA
- Develop, educate and train domestic sales force
- Plan trade show schedules and budget
- Devise advertising and marketing budgets
- Make quarterly forecasts for supply chain planning
- Coordinate with direct marketing, social media and public relations initiatives
Experience / Skills:
- 3-5+ Years of experience selling to and working directly with large retail accounts
- Strategic Sales and Marketing Planning
- Team Leadership, Training and Development
- Identifying New Opportunities With Key Channels and Key Accounts
- Category Management, Product Management and Development
- Customizing Brand and Product Strategies Into Initiatives
- Driving Business Revenue and Cost Responsibility
- Leading Cross Functional Teams
Location: Vancouver, WA
Compensation: Low base with very high commission. No upside cap per year.
Direct Response Marketing Coordinator
We are looking for an outstanding Marketing Coordinator to lead our consumer direct-response marketing effort. The opportunity for personal and career growth is huge with literally unlimited upside. Our products are the best in the world with hundreds of thousands of customers already using and loving them. Your job is to build upon that success. You will be responsible for planning and executing a company-wide direct response marketing strategy. You will be working in concert with the other departments of the company to effectively coordinate all of our marketing efforts and sales strategies.
We want to expand our team with someone who fits our company culture of Simplicity, Family, Independence & Freedom and Now & Wow. We encourage everyone at Puj to live a balanced, quality life, where family comes first and physical, spiritual, mental and social needs are met daily. We are strategically located in Vancouver, WA, among the "great outdoors," and believe in working hard and playing hard!
Dramatically drive revenue growth and customer base from the Direct to Consumer sales and marketing channel. (B2C).
Specific Tasks include:
- Add value and produce revenue from the direct to consumer sales channel.
- Build and grow a list of customers and potential customers
- Produce marketing communication content
- Generate the necessary leads and traffic (free and paid via all channels: PPC, email, video, affiliate programs, social, offline marketing, retargeting, SEO, etc.)
- Manage website and shopping cart for content and optimization
- Track, analyze, and synthesize all data on puj.com
- Manage opt-in email list building and email marketing
- Create and maintain product differentiation from other channels
- Complete the build out and optimization of puj.com website
- Look for additional direct sale product and marketing opportunities
- Stay on brand with all communications and products and product mixes
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years experience in growing online sales of consumer products dramatically in a short amount of time
- At least 3-5 years of online marketing and sales experience (5-7 years of direct marketing experience (online and offline) preferred)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of public relations and media relations
- Project management skills
- Experience working as part of a creative team
- Ability to create and implement the total marketing and sales strategy without a lot of outside technical help.
Location: Vancouver, WA
Compensation: Generous commission structure and NO upside cap
Puj, LLC has an open, full time position available to an amazing person with excellent character, motivation, and enthusiasm. We believe that each customer should have an unbelievably great experience. This position is the key to our success as they are fully responsible for the customer's satisfaction with Puj from the first interaction to the last. From customer calls and support, to processing orders, and taking payments, we want you to be 100% invested in the customer's happiness.
The perfect applicant will be quick to learn new processes and motivated to learn the position. This person must be smart, make good judgment calls, and be able to see the large picture while paying attention to details.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Accurate and rapid typist (60 to 70 wpm)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and email
- Understands how to use an internet browser
Beneficial Skills (but also ones we are willing to teach to the perfect candidate):
- Understanding of accounts receivable and payable
- Customer Service and/or Retail experience
- Experience working dot com sales
- EDI experience
- Shipping experience/knowledge
- QuickBooks and CRM programs
Required Character Qualities:
- Friendly and positive
- Answer phones and emails, greet visitors at the door, and provide online chat assistance
- Assist customers with their orders, customer support, and returns
- Receive and process wholesale orders
- Work with the shipping department to schedule orders and monitor inventory levels
- Assist with special projects and reports as needed
Hours: Monday through Friday, starting at 8 am. We take off all major holidays and weekends.
Location: Vancouver, WA
- Please submit a website link to firstname.lastname@example.org. That link should direct us to your resume and cover letter.
- Resumes and cover letters attached to the email will not be accepted or reviewed.
- In your cover letter please explain
- Why you want this position
- Something you have learned in the last year
- What sets you apart from the crowd
- Please address the cover letter to "Office Manager" and in the email subject line include your name, phone number and the position title.